Neurimmune AG is a Swiss biotech company focused on the development of a unique class of human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases with high unmet medical need. To further strengthen our organization, we are recruiting for a:
We are seeking a creative and collaborative bioinformatics scientist / computational biologist / biomedical data scientist to join the antibody technologies group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, testing, evaluation and maintenance of bioinformatics tools.
The following qualifications are required:
- Analysis and integration of different types of omics data including genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics
- Application of biostatistics and machine learning methods including regression, classification, supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Processing, quality control, and statistical analysis of large internal and external biological data sets including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data (e.g. RNA-Seq, scRNA-Seq, AmpliSeq)
- Maintenance and automation of various data workflows
- Close interaction and support of lab automation team.
- Development of processing strategies for new types of data by combining existing public and commercial tools with innovative solutions
- Translation of data in biological knowledge, presentation and discussion of results in project team meetings and planning of new experiments with scientists.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, biomedical informatics or a related field with 3+ years postdoctoral experience in academia or the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry;
- Excellent knowledge of computational methods for the analysis, integration and interpretation of different types of high-throughput biological data from sequencing and array-based technologies; experience with single-cell genomics is considered a plus;
- Excellent programming, data analysis and data visualization skills in R/Bioconductor; experience with SQL, Java or C++ are required
- Demonstrated experience with the application of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods to biomedical data; experience with deep learning methods and frameworks is considered a plus;
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command line and cloud based high-performance computing environments
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently and as integral part of the team
- Fluency in English required, German would be a plus
Neurimmune is committed to developing innovative treatments to improve the lives of patients. If you have relevant professional experience and would like to be considered for the position advertised, please forward your resume to:
Christine Frei, Human Resources Department,
Neurimmune AG, Wagistrasse 13, CH-8952 Schlieren